Well, Wednesday, May 19th Marcus was 6 weeks old...which meant it was just about time for me to go back to work! Ahh! I can't believe how quickly it went!! And, how much he has grown and changed already!
That Wednesday I did have my own 6 week doctors appointment, where I discovered I weighed less than I did when I got pregnant!! Though I was a few pounds heavier than I normally like to be, but needless to say the baby weight was gone! That did make me happy, but due to an instance the previous weekend, I am still not really thrilled. Apparently, the number on the scale, doesn't really have anything to do with the number on the tag after you have carried a child inside your ever changed body for 9 months!!
I unfortunately had tried to buy a pair of shorts last weekend (just to last me until I could fit back into my own, which now I realize may never happen...) only to find out that I am about 4 sizes LARGER than before! I SERIOUSLY almost had a melt down in the fitting room...So, apparently you not only have the issue of the loose belly, but there are these new childbearing hips to go along with that! Just great... So, I figured, not much I can do right now, so I bought them. Got them home, tried them on again and asked Garrett what he thought. He said they looked fine *not that he'd dare say anything different*. I told him how disappointed I was about the size...he told me, I was beautiful, I just had a baby, and the size didn't matter! *ahh, how sweet* But, then I went into our bedroom and glanced in a full length mirror that I was more than 12 inches away from and realized these shorts - though they fit in the hips and waist, did not fit in the legs. I could fit about three of my legs in each of the leg holes! I now realized that these shorts, did not fit and were probably going to be exchanged for a skirt or dress that I can make work until I figure out this now motherly figure I have!! *Please tell me I don't have to wear MOM JEANS!*
Anyway...my doctors appointment went well. I am as healthy as I need to be, and was given the go-ahead to go back to work!
Following that appointment, I had to visit our Occupational Health office to see yet another doctor to get released from short-term disability to go back to work. Got my BP, and temp taken again, the doctor came in, said "You had a normal vaginal delivery?, I said "Yes", he said, "Everything ok? Your doctor said you're fine?", I said "Yes"...he said "Cute baby", I said "Thanks", he signed the paper, and we went on our way. Best 1/2 hour wait for a doctor ever!
So, Thursday was my first day back at work... Finished cleaning up some emails, had a meeting with my boss...spent a lot of the day telling everyone I was ok! Because, it seems everyone expected to find me in tears in my office! But, I was ok! It was really hard to leave him that morning, and I had all the normal feelings, but Garrett was home with Marcus, and he was going to drop him off at his mom's before he had to be at work, then I was going to pick him up about 2 hours later...I knew he was in good hands! Though, I was probably more concerned if Garrett was going to be ok than Marcus, since it was his first whole day solo with the baby. The day went pretty quickly, and then I rushed to pick up my little man!! Friday, the day went pretty quick as well. Busy catching up, and letting everyone know the baby was good, and I was OK! It was actually pretty nice that I only had a two day week, allowing me to ease back into things...
Well, enough about me...Marcus is still perfect! He's growing like a weed, and has really started to chunk up in the last two weeks or so. He is probably tipping the scales around 11lbs now, and he is definitely 24" long, maybe a bit more... He's easily holding his head up for long periods of time. He can hold himself up on his elbows for quite a while as well. He stands on your legs if you balance him...and scoots a good bit on his playmat too. People can't believe how strong he is! (Garrett and I don't really know any different, so...keep it up little buddy?) He definitely responds to sound, though he'll sleep through almost anything...he has only been waking up once, maybe twice a night, which has been great. The Saturday, he woke up at 4am, and went back to sleep until 9am, which was FANTASTIC because I was pooped, so I slept too!! He smiles occasionally, which is probably gas, I know, but I still enjoy it! He makes all sorts of little noises, which we adore as well. There is something new or too cute for words every day and we can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
xoxo,
Jackie
Some more pictures too...







such cute pictures, you're right he IS growing like a weed! i'm still sad i didn't get to hold him at maurin's shower :( my ride had to go before i could steal a snuggle!
ReplyDeletejust wanted to let you know that you don't HAVE to wear mom jeans :) that was my fear too! give it time and you will be back to your old self in no time! love reading your blog my dear! -stacey
great story, adorable pics....and seriously, are you ok??? :) bring him to work next week--I promise I'll keep him away from your crazy, germ-laden subordinates!!! keep up the blog--we all enjoy it. xoxox,
ReplyDeletegma deb