Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Being home with baby...

Being home [trying *not very successfully* to take naps, ignoring *not very successfully* chores, and not working *not very successfully* (it's probably a good thing that my laptop died a few days after we got home - darn the crackberry though!)] is all very new grounds for me!!  I have definitely discovered that I am a do-er!
There have only been a couple times where I have managed the sleep when he sleeps thing.  Though for the most part he has been pretty good about sleeping at night.  Usually only waking up two or three times in the beginning, now usually only once, maybe twice.  
I've managed to keep up with most things around the house...and Garrett has been a big help!! 
Today is actually four weeks since he was born!  I can not believe how quickly it has gone!!!  I've known for quite a few years, that time seems to go much more quickly as you get older, having a larger frame of reference; and I have heard people say "Wait until you have children!", but never thought anything different - but it seems to be true!!  Days fly into weeks, and apparently weeks into months...  I only have two weeks left before I'm back at work, which I'm not dreading the work part because oddly enough, I love my job; but being away from him is going to be extremely difficult.  (I've only left him once now, for about twenty minutes and I was pretty weepy!  I'm also a little nervous about the juggling of my work schedule, and Garrett's school and work schedule.  I think we'll manage, but it just seems a little crazy at the moment. *I know it will all be worth it though, allowing us to provide a better life for our family!* 
With that being said...Garrett is doing extremely well in school, finals are next week...surprisingly, his least favorite class is the Computer Science class...only because of how boring it is though (he wasn't able to test out of it).  I'm pretty sure he could teach this one...other than that the class he likes the most, surprisingly, is math *crazy person*!  Work is also going very well for him too, and as a part-time employee he is ranked 4th in sales/performance in his store (Apple for those of you that don't know already) over many full time employees - but they are not on commission, it's just a monitor of productivity, so to speak...I'll let him post about how his first semester of college went separately though!
Anyway, Marcus has been growing like a weed!  He doesn't go back to the Doctor for another month, but I would guess he is right around 9lbs.  Probably quite a bit longer than when he was born too...at his two week appointment he had grown about a quarter inch and weighed in at 8lbs 3oz.  The doctor had said he'd probably gain about an ounce a day!  And because of his frame and strength (which I'll tell you about in a second), he could grow a little more quickly without a problem.  As far as how strong our little man is, it amazes me, the doctors and our family...He's been able to hold his head up since about day two...but, now it's much more steady.  He's been doing push ups during his 'Tummy Time' and actually scooting too!  At his two week doctors appointment, he had lunged himself forward a few times and the doctor was amazed and asking if he did this often, which he does...I didn't realize it was such a big deal though.  He actually scooted himself about 5-6 inches on his playmat the other day too!  Garrett's really hoping for 6' 5", 265lbs...and a scholarship! ;)
Other than that, it seems all pretty routine.  My goal as of lately for him - other than sticking to the once a night feeding, it to get him to nap in his crib in his room.  Right now he mostly sleeps in the bassinet in our room which is not flat...so I'm really trying to get him to go for naps in other 'flat' spots so we can get him to sleep where ever we may be.  If anyone knows any tricks - let me know!! :)  He does fall asleep instantly in the car and can stay asleep in the car seat for as long as you will let him! 

Below are some of our favorite pictures from the month...












xoxo,
Jackie & family

2 comments:

  1. he sure is cute, jackie. and i love that pic of paco and him on the couch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just soooo cute! Happy first Mother's Day Jackie!

    <3 Aunt Jenni & Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete