Monday, May 10, 2010

A whole new perspective...Mother's Day!

How completely foreign...  On Mother's Day, I got cards & gifts and was sooo proud to be included in this exclusive new club!  Each time someone said "Happy Mother's Day" to ME, it kinda took me back, and took me a second to recognize the fact that I was now a mother!  

The day started EARLY!  It was one of Marcus' roughest nights.  I had no idea what was wrong with my little one, and felt terrible for him *and tired*!!  He woke up around 1:15am for a routine feeding, but I must have did him in with something I ate, because he'd fall asleep for the shortest time, and then be fussy!!  And, I don't know if everyone knows this about him yet, but he already farts like a man...and he made sure I knew it early Sunday morning!!  Around 3am, I could barely hold my eyes open, and had tried every trick up my sleeve (and Mylicon) to sooth him, but nothing was working - so I called for back-up!  I rarely wake Garrett for the late night stuff since he has school and work, but this time I needed his help & was desperate to try to get some shut eye myself...So, Garrett took him into the living room, hopped in the rocker, and started trying all of his tricks.  Nothing was working, and I was so completely unable to sleep hearing him fuss from the other room...So, I got back up and told Garrett he could go back to bed; though he did stay up for a while longer - he gave him a bottle around 3:30am, and Marcus did fall asleep!!  We put him down, but he started to fuss shortly after - Garrett was sound asleep again, so I got up and was able to get him back to sleep around 5am!  I thought surely he'd sleep for a while, but was up hungry at 7am...though he did sleep again from about 9am till 11:30am and so did I!!

And, as tired and desperate for sleep as I was, I was happy to do all I could *though I was a little disappointed I couldn't do more* to comfort him!  O' the joys of motherhood!! 

Hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

xoxo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment